2025 Explorer First Look by Kris G and Russell D | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2025 Explorer First Look by Kris G and Russell D

I went out of state and was charging my I phone 14 for like one hour. It got so hot and started to smell up the car. I brought it to Ford's dealership at my next oil change and they refused to do anything about the the charger system in Ford ST. I told them that something went wrong and that the phone got crazy hot but they refused to look at it.
That's why I was wondering if they upgraded the charger. This has been a known problem with Ford charging pads. Before I order a new 2025 I really would like to know. Help any one... Size of pad?

That's why I was wondering if they upgraded the charger. This has been a known problem with Ford charging pads. Before I order a new 2025 I really would like to know. Help any one... Size of pad?
There was a TSB released for the current wireless charger that instructed the dealer to perform a firmware update to deal with wireless charger issues. They haven't released specific information on the new 25MY wireless charger other then what's in the Order Guide. You would have to go see one at a dealership to see if performs to your spec. It is much larger now to accept the bigger phones.

Back