Bolt-on Wheels Spacers... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bolt-on Wheels Spacers...

Thought I'd throw my $0.02 in as well ;) . I've had 1" spacers on my '95 for well over a year ( maybe over 2 ) w/o any problems. They look exactly like the ones in the image attached by ld50. Machined from solid block AL ( billet ) by a guy out in CA ...

Talked to a tire shop about new tires today ( replacing the ones on the vehicle when we bought it 5+ yrs ago ), mentioned the spacers WRT getting a wheel alignment, & got the 'oh we don't ever recommend spacers, changes CG, might bend axles, etc. ' line. Don't know about any of that, my Exploder seems to ride/handle just fine :) .

Anders

changes CG

What a dumbass. :eek: A body lift will but not spacers. The spacers would actualy make it more stable by widening the track.

ld50 said:
anyone wanto to buy them?
I would be interested in two of them if you're still selling. I have 1.25" spacers on the rear now and wouldn't mind going out an extra 1/4". I'd move my existing spacers to the front, so I wouldn't need all four. Destination ZIP is 92352.

To the O.P.: I use my truck heavily off-road and have had no problems with the spacers. Just be sure to follow the directions and tighten them after break in. I had to tighten mine three times before they stayed tight.

Back