Bring a Trailer . . . and some CA$H | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bring a Trailer . . . and some CA$H

Funny thing is that's the premise of most "reality" car build shows. Overhaulin', American Hot Rod, Fast N' Loud, Counting Cars, Monster Garage, etc. No one can convince me that most of these shows are not completely staged and fake. Off topic, but the worst is Pawn Stars for horrible "acting" that's supposed to be reality TV.
I think early reality TV had some "reality" to it, but after a few years of major boom they all became staged as hell. Apparently people found unscripted shows really boring or something, so they started adding twists and conflicts and "forcing" those. Lame as hell if you ask me.

IMO, the build deadline series that went over the top was "American Chopper" with the atomic father and son. Hard to believe "some" of those fights weren't real. Entertaining up to a point but got old fast. Paul Sr. appeared to be a heart attack waiting to happen. Wouldn't have wanted to see that replayed on TV.

Back