• Register Today It's free!

Shes finally back on the rd

Onebigbird

Reaction score
City, State
Irmo
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 ford explorer xlt 4.6
I spent almost two years rebuilding my 05 Gen 3 explorer, and while that seems like a long time, and it is, I'm also disabled and had only my
20230726_233609.jpg
20231014_184850.jpg
20231014_184634.jpg
20230910_220223.jpg
20231014_184414.jpg
20230820_204455.jpg
self to do this. Total replacement of all bushings, shocks/ struts, 3" lift, new brakes, performance coils, sparkplug, and wiring, cold air intake, removed front bumper replace with solid 6" hight bumper, added a wench plate under and a 3500 lb wench. Removed all interior pressure washed all the years of sand and grime from under the apolsterey, I ran all wiring for the Accessories that I added. 3200 watt inverter, small fridge, 6 toggle switch panel placed in center console under ac controls. 3 satellite linked cameras one forward one rear and one in the dash facing driver and driver window, it fit perfectly in the slot designated for the 4x4 selection switch is. I built a full length roof rack it starts where the sunroof starts and ends at the rear door. The rack has about a 1' above roof height so I had to create a way to access this area, I did this height so to protect the contents I would have up there. Anyway I found that section of aluminum cable tray would work perfect I added two carabiner clips one on top rails, this secures it when in use and also to the wire racking lining the bottom of the rack so it's easily accessible, if you know it's there, and takes no space away from the rack. I mounted two rear led spotlights to the rack as well as a full bar led light. There are also two leds under the truck located mid way facing the center underneath as well as a square halogen mounted to the rear cross bar frame facing the rear. There are also two led individual lights mounted under the wench plate forward.
New marine radio speakers installed within the rear panels in front of the two rear side windows and two inside the rear lIft door. I added a 10" speaker base box and a 1600 watt amp.
I removed the back hatch door for the jack and storage and replaced with Brazilian cherry wood removable doors, also removed the carpet from the rear of the front seats back and replaced them as well with the cherry wood. I did not put the second row seating back in, I instead placed a teakwood square table top with the FORD logo carved and painted on it, it's removable and also sets up for dining needs while on a excursion. Also as there is no 2and row the third row when down is part of the bed for camping. There are blue led throughout the interior as well as blue led for the dash , speed , rims, gas. It has a air horn that normally is found on a semi, that's located under the truck facing left, also have a high decible horn mounted in front as well as a PA speaker. added two air induction scoops on the hood. The front bumper has large hooks under it for connecting cable. I also suspended a rack in the rear of the interior mounted directly to the ribs in the roof , it supports the power inverter and other items with out blocking the rear view .
20231014_185040.jpg
I am considering still adding a wench like the ones on a boat trailer with a pulley pole that I can raise and lower as needed to hoist things to the roof rack that are too heavy for me to lift. I'm adding some pics to this tread.

Back