• Register Today It's free!

Weathertech Question

LukeV

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer LTD
I noticed that someone has worked out a group rate on the Husky floor mat package. Has anyone done this with Weathertech? I want to order them but it's tempting to opt for the OEM all-weather mats since they are cheaper, albeit only provide coverage for rows 1 and 2. The cheapest I have found rows 1, 2 and 3 Weathertech is approx. $228 + s/h.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Weathertech Floor Liners in my front floors and they are amazing. They look cool, and fit perfectly. Just buy them. I don't think Weathertech will discount them, and group buys aren't worth the trouble to save a few bucks anyway.

I noticed that someone has worked out a group rate on the Husky floor mat package. Has anyone done this with Weathertech? I want to order them but it's tempting to opt for the OEM all-weather mats since they are cheaper, albeit only provide coverage for rows 1 and 2. The cheapest I have found rows 1, 2 and 3 Weathertech is approx. $228 + s/h.

Thanks!

I have the husky's and they are awesome! - they cover almost everything. I would not recommend the cargo mat that goes over the folded third row seats - it doesn't fit the best.

I have the factory all weather but didn't like the coverage provided in the front row so bought weathertech. Love them. Will eventually buy for the second row as well. Have factory cargo liner and it sucks.

I don't have a new Ex, but I have Husky's in the Escape, and love them. They fit awesome. Not sure how the new Ex is cut, but on the Escape, the deadpedal was not covered by the OEM mats, and the Weathertech only went 1/2 way up, and I didn't like that. I got mine through streetsideauto.com with an online coupon I googled for, and got them for about $100 shipped.

P1010842.jpg

P1010845.jpg

P1010839.jpg

P1010840.jpg

P1010841.jpg

Having owned the weather tech in my previous ride, a Honda ridgeline. I now have the huskys, they seem to be a little more plyable in a good way, and they fit the same or better in my new explorer. I have them in front, back seats and a large one for over the 3rd row.

If you wish to insist on weather tech, buy them thru cabellas, much cheaper and they arrive in a weathertech box from weather tech. They do have a small cabellas logo on them.

I don't have a new Ex, but I have Husky's in the Escape, and love them. They fit awesome. Not sure how the new Ex is cut, but on the Escape, the deadpedal was not covered by the OEM mats, and the Weathertech only went 1/2 way up, and I didn't like that. I got mine through streetsideauto.com with an online coupon I googled for, and got them for about $100 shipped.
The ones for the Ex are pretty much the same.
Here are some pics I posted a few months ago.

Peter

Attachments

• P8010215a.jpg
    P8010215a.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 863
  • P2070304a.jpg
    P2070304a.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 871
  • P2070305a.jpg
    P2070305a.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 899

Thanks!
Personally I wouldn't bother with the OEM all weather mats. Especially if you want to keep your carpets clean. I have the Husky mats and a couple of times I have already taken the driver's side mat out and poured out the water that has accumulated. Simple to take out and sturdy enough to hold their shape when taken out. Simply pour out the H2O and reinstall.

Peter

Great info - thanks, all. I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy the Weathertech mats. Mainly for 2 reasons - 1) they are functional enough for me to be ok with a little less coverage when the compromise IMO is a bit more aesthetically stylish design; and 2) I like the over the hump design for the second row as i trust my kids in the back a lot less than i trust my wife and I in the front! One question for those that have the 1st 2nd 3rd row Weathertech package, the pic of the set on the website appears to have a rectangular 3rd row that would just cover the floor in front of the 3rd row. However, the picture of solely the 3rd row mat shows coverage under the 2nd row by folding the seats forward. Which one is correct? I'd prefer the latter. I'll try to post pics or a link to illustrate it.

gpzrider said:
Have factory cargo liner and it sucks.

Couldn't agree more! I bought this last week and tried to give it a chance but the fact that every time I roll it up to use my 3rd row seats I will need to put it in sunlight to straighten it out is a bit frustrating. That said, I'm trying to return it but service mgr at the dealership helped me install and pitched the box. Hoping Cory and I can work something out w Ford Parts since I have receipt and it's literally a week old. From what I've read, the Husky and Weathertech versions maintain and retain shape a bit better as they are more durable.

If you wish to insist on weather tech, buy them thru cabellas, much cheaper and they arrive in a weathertech box from weather tech. They do have a small cabellas logo on them.

Spit - I tried to find them on their website but they don't appear to carry the 2011 Explorer mats. Looks like the most recent Weathertech Ex mats they carry are for the 2010. I don't mind the Cabelas logo as I'm a fan of the store anyway. Do I need to call them? Have you had success ordering them through Cabelas for a 2011 Ex?

This is the correct picture for the 3rd row mat.

443593_Ford_Explorer_2011.jpg

LUkev, am I confused by the pix? Weathertech does not have over the hump second row whereas husky does.

LUkev, am I confused by the pix? Weathertech does not have over the hump second row whereas husky does.

The picture may be somewhat deceiving b/c it blends well. The 2nd row mat is one long piece and does cover the hump. If you look closely, you will see a slight sheen where the hump is covered.

Weather tech does cover the hump. I have the full set.

I have a full set of huskys (front, middle, third row, behind 3rd row& over folded 3rd row) and they are great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think that you can go wrong with either the set from Weathertech or Husky. The only difference I can see is that the Husky front mats cover more of the carpeting. They seem to have a higher lip all around and actually come up and over the carpeted area of the door sills preventing debris from falling between the carpet and mat. Both are superior to the OEM all weather mats.

Peter

Back