Never Buy From Truckaddons.com!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Never Buy From Truckaddons.com!!!!

AMMO_HOOAH

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ex V8, AWD XLT
These people are completely ridiculous! I ordered the Superlift kit for my truck on the 15th, they told me they would have a tracking number for me in a couple of days. I call back three days later, they tell me that the order wasn't placed right and didn't get put through, but she would fix it and have a number for me the next day. Two more days later I call back they say it shipped, but can't get a tracking number yet because it's FEDEX ground national or whatever that I should call back in a couple of days. I call back the next day this lady seems to actually give a damn. She calls Superlift and it hasn't even shipped yet that the shocks are on back order, but will be in Friday (27 Apr). I call Monday (30 Apr) get some jack hole that can't even look up my order and tells me to just keep calling until I get their main office. I finally get someones personal extension, and they again "seem" to care. He calls Superlift they say shocks are in should ship that afternoon or Tuesday. I call today, Wednesday (2 May) to get my tracking number AGAIN. I get the retard that can't look up my order. I can't even get through to the extension I used previously, but find a route around and get someone. He again has to call Superlift, and he now says something else is on back order. I tell him that I want a full refund, and that this is ridiculous. He says fine that he has to give the ticket to purchasing, they have to contact Superlift, once they get confirmation then it'll be refunded. I ask him if I can call them directly (purchasing) and have the refund done while I'm on the phone. He says no I can't. I tell him this is stupid, and I'm sick of waiting on this. He has the audacity to tell me ver batum: Well I don't care. :eek: I took me a moment to not yell at him and tell him I want speak to his supervisor he again turns around and says "YOU GOT IT!" AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG Some guy gets on I tell him the same damn thing he says "I'm sorry we can't do it on the phone it has to be a hard copy faxed back to them" I'm fine with that, but why the hell didn't the first guy just say that instead of being a *****! He said it'll take a couple of days to see it back in my account, but it'll be a full refund. I tell you if I don't see this by Friday I'm going off on anyone that answers the damn phone there along with filing a BBB complaint. [/rant]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had a few encounters similar to yours with other companies... not necessarily automotive related, but I understand nontheless. Its a shame, but customer service has been replaced by profits. We discussed these issues in my retail merchandising class a couple weeks ago. We all eventually agreed that you need to support the companies that provide a good service whether or not the price is the best. Granted, if there is an opportunity to save hundreds, I'm probably gonna give my business to the other guy, but if its $20-$30, I'll happily support the people that treat me right.

Indeed
I have found that some companies are merely drop ship agents, doing nothing but taking orders and skimming a profit. They never have the item in stock, nor do they actually ship the product. Customer service will suffer in this case.
Be sure you are dealing with a stocking merchant. It will cost a bit more, but you will get the items.

People are even doing this on ebay-selling items the arrive from amazon for example.

Give Summit Racing a try. Or help support the site and buy from 4 Wheel Parts.

Sorry to hear about that man. I've had my fair share of bad experiences with customer service. It's amazing how much lack of respect some companies have for the people that keep them going. Anyway, hope you don't run into anymore problems getting that lift.

If you buy though 4wp, be sure to click through the link on this site, otherwise it doesn't count.

That sucks about the lift- Try Rocky Mountain Suspension- they may have it in stock.

the problem with not calling is you can't haggle with the sales agent. When i was about to buy the lift it was 1600, i worked him down to 1300 with free shipping.

I actually would have bought it from 4WP to begin with, but I live in Florida. They would have had to charge me tax adding $125 to the cost (I would have paid it in hind sight) I wonder if they can give a discount from here. Thanks for the encouragement guys. I mostly wanted to make sure no one on here ever gives them any more business.

Where did you find out about that company? Was it from an Internet search or do they sell on EBay?

It's an online company, and I think I just came across it searching for the best price on the kit.

Ok here's a little update......... FEDEX National called me about an hour ago to make sure I was going to be home for them to deliver it tomorrow :confused: I really don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

good luck with that man, it'l look bad as hell when its done

Wait a sec, let me get this straight. You think it's the company's fault that the parts were backordered from the manufacturer? How exactly did they make that happen, buy out Superlift and stop manufacturing the parts just to piss you off? Come on, dude.

Wait a sec, let me get this straight. You think it's the company's fault that the parts were backordered from the manufacturer? How exactly did they make that happen, buy out Superlift and stop manufacturing the parts just to piss you off? Come on, dude.

Well apparently someone isn't paying attention. It has nothing to do with the fact that they were back ordered and took a while. That in and of its self would have been fine. What really pissed me off was the fact that they never once knew what was going on with my order. If they had been able to tell me from the start "It's back ordered for 2-2 1/2 weeks" I wouldn't have called till then. At the very least not have told me 4 different time that it had shipped, then turn around and tell me it hadn't. I even called them when my kit got here and asked what the status was on my refund. They said they "we think it shipped, and it should be there Monday or Tuesday". That's the pure stupidity that got me so angry. That my comrade is why I posted this.

Well apparently someone isn't paying attention. It has nothing to do with the fact that they were back ordered and took a while. That in and of its self would have been fine. What really pissed me off was the fact that they never once knew what was going on with my order. If they had been able to tell me from the start "It's back ordered for 2-2 1/2 weeks" I wouldn't have called till then. At the very least not have told me 4 different time that it had shipped, then turn around and tell me it hadn't. I even called them when my kit got here and asked what the status was on my refund. They said they "we think it shipped, and it should be there Monday or Tuesday". That's the pure stupidity that got me so angry. That my comrade is why I posted this.

Apparently somebody didn't read what they themselves originally posted since nowhere in the orignal post is it expressed that you were upset about several differet people not knowing the exact specifics of your order. I'm going to tell you a little secret. Human beings are not psychic. They have to SPEAK with another human being to learn what that person knows, so the fact that they had to call Superlift to find out what the hold-up is sounds completely reasonable. What doesn't sound reasonable is, as you put it, "I tell you if I don't see this by Friday I'm going off on anyone that answers the damn phone there along with filing a BBB complaint." A rational adult doesn't act that way. I certainly agree that the d-bag should not have told you he didn't care about your order, but when parts are backordered what is going off on somebody over the phone going to do for you, magically make the parts appear out of thin air? And filing a BBB complaint? Please. The BBB would take one look at it and toss it in the trash. This is a simple matter of supplier delay. It happens every minute of every day in every industry on the planet. Having worked in the automotive aftermarket for over a decade before I settled into my current profession I can tell you with great authority that it happens more often than anyone would like and there's no way for a retailer to commit the time to keep tabs on every order every minute of every day. Of course they're not going to know the specifics of a backorder the moment you call.

Apparently somebody didn't read what they themselves originally posted since nowhere in the orignal post is it expressed that you were upset about several differet people not knowing the exact specifics of your order. I'm going to tell you a little secret. Human beings are not psychic. They have to SPEAK with another human being to learn what that person knows, so the fact that they had to call Superlift to find out what the hold-up is sounds completely reasonable. What doesn't sound reasonable is, as you put it, "I tell you if I don't see this by Friday I'm going off on anyone that answers the damn phone there along with filing a BBB complaint." A rational adult doesn't act that way. I certainly agree that the d-bag should not have told you he didn't care about your order, but when parts are backordered what is going off on somebody over the phone going to do for you, magically make the parts appear out of thin air? And filing a BBB complaint? Please. The BBB would take one look at it and toss it in the trash. This is a simple matter of supplier delay. It happens every minute of every day in every industry on the planet. Having worked in the automotive aftermarket for over a decade before I settled into my current profession I can tell you with great authority that it happens more often than anyone would like and there's no way for a retailer to commit the time to keep tabs on every order every minute of every day. Of course they're not going to know the specifics of a backorder the moment you call.

So automotive aftermarket is code for, Insurance Agent these days?

Chrisbequick, do you work for them?

I have to say he does, because I don't think anyone else on this board saw it the same way he has.

Chrisbequick, I understand that the company simply drop ships from the factory, and that they don't have ANY control over the order. What I do expect for a good, and professional company is the simple ability to find out what the status is. Not once did they have any idea where it was. What you don't know is that I ended up getting a PO number and calling Superlift myself once they said it was back ordered the first time. They told me that it would ship on May 1st, and have a tracking number for me the 2nd. When I called truckaddons (aka trailblazers so don't give them money either) on the 2nd that's when they told me it was on backorder still (it wasn't fyi) that's when I decided to ask for the refund just because I didn't want them to profit off of my order. They said it was "processing" three phone calls later even after I already had the tracking number, and one after the kit was in my living room they STILL fed me a line about it going to ship in 3-4 more days. This is the whole point as to why I'm making sure everyone on this board steers clear, and takes their money elsewhere. I do plan on bumping this to the top monthly to ensure everyone on this board knows it and hopefully tells all of their friends the same thing. Have a nice day.

Chrisbequick, do you work for them?

It sure would seem so--
ha ha ha ha---

Once again, it is common for a vendor to tell you an item is in stock, just to take your money. Believe this--they knew it was out of stock.
If they didn't , that says even more about their incompetence.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back