Starting With:
1999 Explorer Sport
4.0L SOHC V6
88,000 Miles
5 Speed Auto
Rear - 4.10:D open :mad:
Front - ????

History:

One owner in Jersey before I got it. Super clean title. Truck was in for service every 3,000 miles until the warranty stopped, then it was every 4 to 5,000. No body damage outside of custom trail pinstriping.

Current (major) Mods:
WP Warrior Shackles
31" BFG A/Ts on Crager steelies
Started a snorkel

Purpose:

To make said vehicle more capable off-road whilst keeping at least factory if not better ~20MPG milage as it is a daily driver. Also to give said vehicle a more aggressive look. Vehicle must be kept as a "mild" truck, no more than 6" over stock in terms of suspension/body lifting, extra lift from tires will not count.

Plans:

Custom front (and maybe rear) bumper
Rear locker (possibly do something with the front gearing as well)
3?" Tires
3" BL
Custom rear springs and TT front
A pillar guages - Oil and what else?
Winch
Maybe OBA
SKID PLATES - I KEEP BREAKING EXPENSIVE THINGS

This is a build up thread. I wish to start collecting parts, tools, and knowledge on how to do most of this. I will be able to do most of the things I have listed. Basically this is going to be a mild off-road truck. This is Jersey after all, it's mostly old logging/fire trails and mud holes.

Yes, I'm sure I want to do this. I have my mind set on it. It will be slow going at first but will pick-up as I go.

My plan is to fix my leaking pumpkin first (EDIT 6-25-08, Fixed and the diffy cover was installed). Then go from there. I still have to finish the snorkel as well. Right now it's just a sealed box with a piece of 3" PVC going into the fender. I have all the parts to finish it outside of a top piece.

As I stated above right now I'm looking for pointers and more ideas.

Thanks in advance,

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

This is the most recent photo I have, taken at the Spring Swap Meet at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.
etown11.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont even have a name for my sport but everyone thinks i should call it goldlilocks cause its gold and grey two tone

Spartacus?

I think I'm going to name mine Oliver... :)

i dont even have a name for my sport but everyone thinks i should call it goldlilocks cause its gold and grey two tone
Sam, Goldilocks is the perfect name for a Persian Pimp to name his ride!

How about "Project 99"

:D

Kinda in with the Get Smart thing!:p:

I'm liking the Project 99.

prj99.jpg

Okay. So let's talk gauges now. It's a 2 gauge A-pillar pod. I know one will be Oil Pressure. What about the other one? Possibly even a third for on top of the steering wheel. I'm going with Autometer's Ultra-Lite Series - Look nice and they won't stick out.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

run a tranny temp sensor and put that there

I'm liking the Project 99.

prj99.jpg

Okay. So let's talk gauges now. It's a 2 gauge A-pillar pod. I know one will be Oil Pressure. What about the other one? Possibly even a third for on top of the steering wheel. I'm going with Autometer's Ultra-Lite Series - Look nice and they won't stick out.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

here's another place you can put a gauge;)

07212007129.jpg

Oh I Like That ^^^ may have to copy you on that on :thumbsup:
that would give me room for my tranny PSI gauge without changing my existing gauge cluster..

Sorry, can't think of a good name, and that is kinda a personal thing anyway..

That was a good idea Stic-o since your a-pillar is blocked by the roll cage. How flush is it with the panel and what size is that?

-Andy

That was a good idea Stic-o since your a-pillar is blocked by the roll cage. How flush is it with the panel and what size is that?

-Andy

It bearly sticks up (no pun intended). It is flush from the window side though.;) I think it's a 2 1/16". It's mechanical, and would work better for hiding the wire if it was electrical.;) But it works...:D

Anybody for a possible 3rd using the F-150 steering cover pod?

-Andy

if you want an off road rear tube bumper i have one for sale...its got a tire carrier and a 2 inch reciever...

andy..do oil pressure...trans temp..3dr maybe fuel pressure??or maybe a real temp gauge since i found out mine wasnt that accurate on my 1st gen,thats why my intake gaskets went,engine was running too hot and gauge said it was at like 160

hey andy i have the steering column gauge pod with the trans temp gauge
i def recommend a trans temp gauge and a large stacked type trans fluid cooler as the auto transmissions in our trucks are not sturdy and heat kills them.

my next gauge will be a water temperature gauge. as i;m kind of worried about my truck over heating, and it has come close a few times. because of a mud caked radiator.

i also might get a oil pressure gauge, although i'm not sure yet

Back