Blacksheep Josh's new whip: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blacksheep Josh's new whip: 2001 Ford Ranger Edge!!

Blacksheep Josh

Slinky+Escalator=Fun
Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
All right guys, I finally lucked out and got a pretty good deal on a newer truck!

It's a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge, my Grandma found it for me up in Kitty Hawk, NC, it's now residing in Suffolk, VA, I'll be flying up next week to drive it down.

Not sure about price, but it was listed at $4850, Grandma probably talked him down though.

From what my Grandma emailed me (yes my Grandma emails me!) and what I see in the pictures, it has a spray in bedliner, the guards on top of the bed, tilt steering wheel, manual windows, tow hitch (probably be removed), vent visors, and it looks like the windows were tinted at some time to. Here are the only pictures I've seen of it, like I said it's in Virginia and I'll pick it up sometime next week. I can't wait to get it!

Oh, also has the 4.0L SOHC from what I can tell.

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet Josh, Congratulations

Very nice!

That is my favorite Ranger headlight/grille styling...

I saw the sign, I hope it doesn't smell like Trout... :p:

What about the 2 white Explorers up the road? Pass out some links to the forum... :thumbsup:

:D

That is a nice looking truck. Close to what I will be looking for to replace my explorer soon when I get the money.

Best of luck with it, my room mate has an '04 Ranger FX4 Level II and it's been a good truck to him.

My Mom was joking and said "Whats the first thing you want to do to it?"

I replied, "Virginia Tech front license plate" and she lost it laughing. I'm hoping to fly out on the 18th and drive it back, but I can't find a ride to Atlanta...

That's a nice truck man. Congrats on the good buy.

Thats a great lookin truck, I love the fact that grandma negotiated the price and the fact she emails, shes got good taste...good luck josh

Well it's looking like I won't get my hands on it till the end of the month now. I couldn't find a ride to Atlanta for my flight out, so my Mom'll drive it down at the end of March. I think the first thing I'll do is lower it, not sure yet but I'm still looking to see how much I wanna go. I'm feeling a 3" in the front and leveling out the back.

looks bad ass josh

Audio Install!!!!
Headunit: Alpine CDA-9886
Door Speakers: Kicker KS5.2 Component System (5.25" Mid, 1" Tweeter, Crossover)
Sub: 12" Kicker CVR Dual 4OHM
Subwoofer Amp: Rockford Fosgate 700s

I need to recut the back wood piece to be even with the bottom piece, cover it in carpet, and do a different grounding spot (using seatbelt bolt right now) and I'll be done. Hope y'all like it!

5dngx2.jpg

15z189v.jpg

no664y.jpg

rkqade.jpg

1234lj6.jpg

2dkz5x.jpg

2pq3x3m.jpg

xauf87.jpg

mjtq1w.jpg

Explorer is parked at my Mom's house for now. I don't know what I'm doing with it, if I get a good paying job this Summer before school starts back I'll keep it, chop the top off, and trail rig the thing. But for now it's sitting and waiting in Augusta lol.

Nice new DD.

I need to get some audio stuff done to mine also....

Thanks Burns!! I've always loved the Lime, just an awesome looking color!

I'm having an issue with the Ranger... whenever I shift to Park the idle goes way down and stumbles for a split second like it's chugging really bad and then comes up to Normal... and this only happens whenever I shift INTO Park... So I'm goign to clean the usual suspect sensors and go from there.

Update:

Installed a cone filter and a Thrush muffler with a 2.25" tailpipe. Sounds awesome! I'm charging the camera now to get a few videos, will also have a video of my sound system in it's current state as well.

Back