Wanted Personal Entry Code.

Parts or services wanted

cgelbman

Reaction score
City, State
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer
HELP....just bought a 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. Trying to locate the factory personal entry code. As per instructions I removed the 2 panels on the passenger side, behind the middle row seat. I located a square box approx. 6 X 6. I used a mirror to find the code. There is a bar code sticker, but not a 5 digit pattern. Unless I remove the entire bottom cover I am not able to see the 6 X 6 box. Am I looking in the right place...WHERE IS THE 5 DIGIT CODE?
THANK YOU!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Head on over to the 06-10 explorer section! They'll be able to help you out.

2006 -2010 keyless entry location 5 digit code

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures! here is a picture.

sizeimage.php

it is located on the smart junction box (sjb)

I used my camera like this to get the code printed on the sticker. (Note this is just an example; this explorer did not have a keypad option so there is no 5 digit code on this sticker but it would be there if it did)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is another picture on an 07, I think after 07 they went to the sticker method.

this picture was taken again near the e-brake pedal. I blured out the rest of the code.

picture.php

Zoomed in on photo

picture.php

as you can see there is the code in less than 5 minutes, and no tools required.
also check this link,

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295870

or this

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1039403-2010-explorer-keyless-entry-code-location.html#post9958750

Key Code

Just bought myself a 06 Mountaineer Premium with a V8.:salute: Is the door code in the same place as the 07. I had to have the PCM downloaded to find the code on my 06 Explorer EB. Thanks

Solved Door Code Problem

Contacted a locksmith he made me a extra key and found the code in the ECM. I guess he gave me a good price, as he only charged $ 50.00 for the key, cut and programed and $ 10.00 to locate and pull the door code.

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures or video. here is a picture of what I did with my cellphone.

Sweet I just went out to the garage and used a small mirror and a flashlight to find my code. Cell phone just kept taking black pics and my digital camera was too big to fit in the space. I then looked in the manual to see how to program a code I will remember. Now if (when) my wife locks the keys in the car we will have another way in

Rob

FOUND IT......THANKS to all!

So you can actually read the code with a flashlight?

Yeah you have to lay on your back on the door sill and look up in there with a mirror and a flashlight. It's printed on the box in the picture above.

Rob

I just found it on my 2007. Thanks, you saved me $50. It was hard at first, but with a mirror, flashlight, and neg windchill I found it.
Steve

Just got an 06EB v8 and my code was in the same spot on the drivers side of the fusebox, Used wifes ipod touch camera and a flashlight. after a few shots got it! thanks again guys.

This is fantastic, didn't get the code with my 06' EB but thanks to this and wife's makeup compacket and flashlight i found it. Much Appreciated!

Factory Key Code

Never needed to code until one of my relatives decided they would leave it running while they went into the gas station store. Car ran out 1/4 tank of gas before we got it open. Anyway, I tried it and it works. I am so happy, didn't have the $$ to pay a shady dealership (wanted $120 to hook up to the machine). Their customer service sucked. Thanks for the info and you have the mighty swamy.:D

You have the ultimate Power Obewan

Thanks

2007, mecury mountaineer, ford explorer, door keyless entry code is located on the fuse panel under driver side dashboard, it is called SJB smart junction box, it is a 5 digit code printed about 1 inch from the bottom of the fuse block, you can not see the number off hand because it faces the metal frame of the car. stick your cell phone between the car and the fuse panel and start taking pictures! here is a picture.

sizeimage.php

it is located on the smart junction box (sjb)

I used my camera like this to get the code printed on the sticker. (Note this is just an example; this explorer did not have a keypad option so there is no 5 digit code on this sticker but it would be there if it did)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is another picture on an 07, I think after 07 they went to the sticker method.

this picture was taken again near the e-brake pedal. I blured out the rest of the code.

picture.php

Zoomed in on photo

picture.php

as you can see there is the code in less than 5 minutes, and no tools required.
also check this link,

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295870

or this

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1039403-2010-explorer-keyless-entry-code-location.html#post9958750

keyless entry code

would the keyless entry code be located in the same area for a 2007 Sport Trac, 4x4, automatic? I can't seem to find this code and the Ford man wants $50 for the job.
thanks for any reply;
Terry

Just did this not more than 5 minutes ago. Got the code and it works... had the vehicle for almost 4 years...lmao. Mirror and flashlight worked wonders. Awesome post.

Now to fix the slow coolant leak... radiator I think...

Another option would be to make some calls around town and find a Ford dealer with decent customer service and schedule an appointment for an oil change. I did this many years ago when I bought my truck second hand from a non-Ford dealer and the Ford dealer found out my door code for free as part of the oil change service.

I think it might help if you act like you might take your truck there for repeat business, I actually did use that dealer for many years and they did a great job. That's pretty lame they would charge over $100 for the code, I could see paying $20-30, but not too much more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which number on the sticker is the code?

So looking at the picture under the dash, which number on the sticker is the code.

Apologizes if I'm being a little slow, but I managed to get a picture of the sticker but there isn't a 5 digit code.

Thanks

Back