• Register Today It's free!

05 Limited

13Riggs

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 V6 Limited
Hey everyone I am new to the board and currently looking for an Explorer after my F150 crew cab got totaled :mad: by a guy in a charger.
I am going to look at an 2005 v6 Limited tomorrow with 37K on it. Wanted to know if there is anything specifically I should check out on it or anything to look for any issues?
thanks for your help

I just bought one with the same mileage..... Your doing better then me.. I wish i would have come here first...

First - GO ON THE HIGH WAY!!!! If you hear a whining sound, get it fixed by them at no cost to you... Just do a search on this forum for WHINE and you will know why i say this. I DID NOT DO THIS !!!!

Second - You must get a warranty on it, incase the whine comes up.

Other then that i am happy with my purchase, or i should say once i get this taken care of i WILL be happy of my purchase. I was able to carry my Sea Do challanger and 7 full adults in the explorer with no problems at all.

Good luck !

deff check for the whine, also make sure u drive long enough to shift through all the gears and make sure there isnt any hesitation or hard shifts

If you do buy this explorer, I would go ahead and flush the transmission after a few months since buying it to protect the transmission while it is still low mileage.

Back