2002 rear AC blend door actuator problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 rear AC blend door actuator problem

GhostTiger

Reaction score
City, State
Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT4WD
I ordered this part from Amazon as I know I need to replace the actuator that controls heat vs cool air in the back of my 02 Explorer (AXINMOTOO HVAC Blend Door Actuator 604-202 Replacement for Ford Expedition 02-04, Explorer 95-02, F100 Ranger 98-11, Ranger 95-11, Lincoln Navigator 02-05, Mercury Mountaineer 97-02 https://a.co/d/jkFaFU5) .

I got everything taken apart, accessed the old actuator and removed it. But when I went to install the replacement actuator, I got the rotating shaft in the blend door, but the actuator doesn't sit at the correct angle to be bolted to the blower housing - it's like 15-30 degrees ****ed to the right and up. So if I were to try to screw it on there, it would be WAY too much tension and would just break it. What's wrong here? It's like the part was manufactured wrong with how the shaft and gears are oriented. Please help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered this part from Amazon as I know I need to replace the actuator that controls heat vs cool air in the back of my 02 Explorer (AXINMOTOO HVAC Blend Door Actuator 604-202 Replacement for Ford Expedition 02-04, Explorer 95-02, F100 Ranger 98-11, Ranger 95-11, Lincoln Navigator 02-05, Mercury Mountaineer 97-02 https://a.co/d/jkFaFU5) .

I got everything taken apart, accessed the old actuator and removed it. But when I went to install the replacement actuator, I got the rotating shaft in the blend door, but the actuator doesn't sit at the correct angle to be bolted to the blower housing - it's like 15-30 degrees ****ed to the right and up. So if I were to try to screw it on there, it would be WAY too much tension and would just break it. What's wrong here? It's like the part was manufactured wrong with how the shaft and gears are oriented. Please help!
ok im not too sure, but that being said it lists explorer 95-02. 02 was a new generation, where man parts changed. that being said the 02 SPORT explorers were still the same as the 01. the 4drs were redesigned for 02, which could be why your part doesnt fit, since its made for a 95-01 4dr or a 95-02 sport. also according to a quick RA scan doesnt look like the PNs are the same from my 98 to your 02

ok im not too sure, but that being said it lists explorer 95-02. 02 was a new generation, where man parts changed. that being said the 02 SPORT explorers were still the same as the 01. the 4drs were redesigned for 02, which could be why your part doesnt fit, since its made for a 95-01 4dr or a 95-02 sport. also according to a quick RA scan doesnt look like the PNs are the same from my 98 to your 02
Hey thanks for your reply! That's interesting, something I hadn't thought of. Do you know how/where I would find the exact right part number? Cause I think you might be right, maybe it's just the wrong part. Close to the same, but not quite.

Hey thanks for your reply! That's interesting, something I hadn't thought of. Do you know how/where I would find the exact right part number? Cause I think you might be right, maybe it's just the wrong part. Close to the same, but not quite.
one place to check is rockauto, thats my starting point then ill chrck elsewhere to see where the best price is. im suspicious that is the case since your 02 4dr was a whole new generation, the 01 4drs looked like mine, but the 02 sports still rode on the same platform as the 01s.

Back