2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer braking by itself | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer braking by itself

darkbauer

Reaction score
City, State
Santo Domingo D.N.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer Eddie
I just bought an 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and while I'm cruising, the car just slams the brakes by itself, it's not like it slams the hell out it but it definitely brakes a lil bit, it has happened 2 times and both times I've applying just a lil bit of pressure to the brake pedal, and it sounds like if the caliper pistons just slams against the brake pads all at one, after it does that everything it's just normal, nothing keeps braking the car nothing sounds nothing squeezing absolutely nothing like nothing happened, I need help please I just bought it and I'm in love with it, it just has 98,600 miles on it, this one have the parking aid system and isn't working but it doesn't have any codes at all

The first thing you need to do right away is take off the tires and inspect the caliper, brake pads and brake lines.

The first thing you need to do right away is take off the tires and inspect the caliper, brake pads and brake lines.
Noted, here in Dominican republic we are in the middle of a hurricane but I'll do it as soon as everything finish, any other advice

This could be an ABS issue. The sensor could think the wheel is skidding. You may need a scan tool to check the ABS sensor speed.
Forscan and an inexpensive OBD dongle should do!

Back