• Register Today It's free!

4"-5" Lift Questions

sandrunner

Reaction score
City, State
Madison,Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Im installing a 4" ruff country ez ride lift on my X, but it was for a ranger. so ive been pondering what about the rear??? I was thinking add a leaf and shackles, or soa with the overload leaf out and add a spacer in the front to add an inch or more [f-150 coil spacer] ???? I want suspention travel and not a harsh ride, ive read that the addaleaf can hinder the travel and has a rough ride.... so can anyone help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All you'll need are coil spacers to go along with the 4" front lift to match the SOA rear. You won't need to do anything to the rear besides the new perches for the SOA.

think id be ok to use the 4" lift shocks??

I think ill do with the soa, but what about drive shaft length? shim it or use the rear hole on the new perches so it moves the axle 1" foward. ive done alot of homework on this so far, i think ill use the lower bolt hole on the sway bar mount so i can use the 4" lift shocks... i ansered my own question.....hehe

You just need stock length shocks for the back if you're going to use the upper swaybar hole. For the front, the 4" lift shocks will work fine. For the SOA, the easiest way to do it is weld the new perches exactly parallel to the old ones. The driveshaft will be fine with SOA only. No need to move the axle forward any; just use the middle hole.

Back