blend door actuator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

blend door actuator

2002explorerDVM

Reaction score
Im sure this has been answered many times here but I am trying to fix this problem and I am new to the forum. I have a 2002 explorer and I am pretty sure the gears on the blend door actuator are ground up. It makes the clicking sound when I move the temp knob from cold to hot. Well I removed the glove box and I can barely see where the clicking sound is coming from. Am I going to have to remove the whole entire center console to get to the actuator or is there an easier way to get to it. If I have to remove the center console can any of you give me some tips on how to?

Thanks in advance,

JP

I just had that fixed under warranty and they had to remove the entire dashboard to get to it. 6 hours of labor, and 250 dollar part. Ford ESP came thru on it for me.

I mispoke. What I had repaired was called a blend door chamber, but my problem was that I could not switch from top to bottom, so the ac or heat was stuck on defrost. I thought originaly that it would just be that simple vacum problem, but ended up being something else.

Back