Dielectric and anti-seize?

punisher

Punisher
Reaction score
City, State
Fullerton, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 4.0L SOHC
I just went down to my local car store and picked up these two packages. I heard I should use dielectric grease but I have never heard about this other stuff. It is Anti-Seize for the spark plug threads. Should I use them both? What does it do?
Dead Link Removed

from what I was told...the "anti-seize" should be applied to the threads of the plugs. Its just simply to make it easier to get them out the next time you have to replace them. When you go to remove your old plugs you will wish Ford put some anti-seize on the first time...

Yeah you should use both. I am not trying to be rude, but on those packages, it says what they do.

Until about 4 years ago I never used the dialectric grease or the anti sieze and I always had spark plug boots come apart when I pulled them off and usually had 1 plug or more not want to come out.

Once I got the explorer I found out about the anti sieze and the dialectric grease. The Anti sieze goes on the threads of the plugs and I put the dialectric grease in the end of the plug boot right before I install the wire (I also do it on the distributor side). so far every boot has come off without a problem, and water coming up the side of the motor (from not having inner fenderwells) hasn't been a problem. I also haven't had any plugs that haven't wanted to come out.

If you are good at keeping your tubes of goop (rtv and other stuff) in one piece between tune ups I would buy the big tube of anti sieze and big tube of dialectric grease. The anti sieze is made by permatex (the RTV people) and I found the big tube of dialectric grease right next to the white lithium grease. There are many places that the anti sieze comes in handy and it worth the extra time to use.

Back