EcoBoost oil catch can? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EcoBoost oil catch can?

Ltk20

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
I just bought a 2016 explorer sport with the 3.5L EB. All over the f-150 forums I've read about people adding oil catch cans to reduce the amount of oil and gunk being recirculated back into the manifold. This gunks up the valves and causes all sorts of problems. I've ran a few searches for oil catch cans on this forum and I'm surprised no one is talking about this issue on the ecoboost engines.

I'm hoping to find out if adding one does anything to my factory warranty, and which catch cans are the most effective and easy to install on the explorers. Thanks for the help!

Just purchased a 2016 Explorer Platinum with the 3.5 EcoBoost. Also wanting to put a catch can on. Did you find out anything about this? Thanks, Keith

Explorer catch can

Yep, after researching a bunch I went with a can from RX performance. I talked to a guy named Tracy and he sold me their largest monster can for the same price as the middle sized one. He said the ecoboost can fill it up pretty quickly and he'd rather have happy customers, than deal with returns for a smaller can. This is also one of the few cans than pulls vaccum from either the engine or turbo depending on which is pulling more if you let off the throttle quickly. I think it's probably an over kill, the engineering seems to be top notch. He also includes a by pass filter so be sure to tell him you have a 2016. PM and I can send you the PDF install file of you want to see what you'd be getting yourself into before ordering it. Hope this helps...

Lee

RX Performance Products, LLC
1614 20th St E.
Palmetto, FL, 34221
727-235-1713

Back