• Register Today It's free!

New X

gammann

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford X LTD 4WD
Just took delivery of my new X last night....ok it's the wife's but I'll have fun playing. I love all the features this SUV has for the money. We got the following:

2012 LTD 4WD V6
Dark Blue Pearl
LT Stone
302A
2nd Row Buckets
Dual Panel MoonRoof
All Weather Mats

MSRP $47,485
Purchase Price $42,500
Minus Rebates $40,750 + Tax, Title, Reg, Processing fee

Now I need to figure out a rear video solution. I wouldn't mind doing a tablet solution, but it has to pass the wife test. She prefers the OEM headrests, but I was only able to get the salesman down to the MSRP on those. So I'd like to find something cheaper that she will approve of. I've read some of the threads here, I just need to put together some options for her to choose from.

Want to thank everyone who posts here. Its great to see such a community for our new X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.

When to we get to see some pics of your new baby :)

The color you chose is the one my wife is liking right now. She can't quite decide which she likes better, the Sterling Grey or the Dark Blue Metallic.

Just took delivery of my new X last night....ok it's the wife's but I'll have fun playing. I love all the features this SUV has for the money. We got the following:

2012 LTD 4WD V6
Dark Blue Pearl
LT Stone
302A
2nd Row Buckets
Dual Panel MoonRoof
All Weather Mats

MSRP $47,485
Purchase Price $42,500
Minus Rebates $40,750 + Tax, Title, Reg, Processing fee

Now I need to figure out a rear video solution. I wouldn't mind doing a tablet solution, but it has to pass the wife test. She prefers the OEM headrests, but I was only able to get the salesman down to the MSRP on those. So I'd like to find something cheaper that she will approve of. I've read some of the threads here, I just need to put together some options for her to choose from.

Want to thank everyone who posts here. Its great to see such a community for our new X.

I just ordered and received a headrest DVD system from onfair.com. I will find time over the next week or so to install. I would have preferred the OEM system since the headrests are a direct replacement. But for the price and the fact that the controls are not integrated into the MFT/Sync system, I could not justify it. Our Honda Pilot has the factory system and it's nice to be able to control (including changing out the DVDs) from the front seats since my kids are young. I'll post to the DVD thread in the Modified forum once complete.

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum gammann.:wavey: I hope your wife lets you enjoy it from time to time.;)
It looks like a similarily equipped vehicle here including the voice activated navigation would be around $50,680 + 13% tax, registration and license.

Peter

Welcome, we just took del of ours one week ago and love it. We got a 11 inch screen rear dvd that the dealer added in the roof. it kinda gets in the way of the rear veiw mirror. I would go with the head rest.
Congrats though. Hope you enjoy

Just took delivery of my new X last night....ok it's the wife's but I'll have fun playing. I love all the features this SUV has for the money...
Congratulations on the new ride, gammann! Hopefully your wife gives you some time with the Explorer. ;)

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum gammann.:wavey:...
...When to we get to see some pics of your new baby :)...
As you can see, the community here is truly awesome; we’re looking forward to pics! :D:thumbsup:

Welcome, we just took del of ours one week ago and love it...
Congrats, clackout; that’s great news! :D

Cory

Back