opinions please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinions please

alright heres the deal, i currently have goodyear rt/s on my x and i seriously need a new set of tires before the snow comes in. their practically dead.
money wise i found a place that i could not pay for one year (im a college student) but my choices are

Michelin LTX
Bridgestone Deulers HT
Goodyear wranglers apt

never heard of the apt, but i hear good things about the deulers from searching the board, but im unsure if its the AT that everyone is talking about. my drive are mainly on road, with the occasional off road but nothing major. im just looking for something to fight off these harsh canadian winters.

thanks guys.

If you're mainly on-road, I'd go with the Michelins. I love mine, and they are awesome in the snow. Go with the LTX A/T if you want a little more aggressive tread for offroad.

I had Goodyear AT's on my X last year, and the ride was rather rough. I replaced them with Continental Contrac SUV tires, and it rides pretty smooth now. They're not very expensive, you might want to look into them. If you plan on doing lots of offroading, I'd go with the Goodyear AT's.

I would go with the Michelins. They are the best riding and driving tires on the road. I would have nothing other than a Michelin tire on any of my vehicles unless I was serious about off-roading. I have 30x9.50R15 LTX A/Ts on my 91 and they are great. The only thing I don't like about them is they aren't 35"s tall. I had LTX M/Ss on the X before those and they were a little better street tire, but I just liked the slightly more aggresive tread of the LTX A/T. Just mine and many other people's opinion.

1. Bridgestone Deulers HT - ran these all winter last
year and they were great. Also made a decent mild
off road tire.
2. Michelin LTX - guy here at work is running them on his
Ranger. Says that they are nice in the snow and rain,
but sucked off road.

Back