Project thread: “Beast” | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project thread: “Beast”

You are changing the pass uca to the one piece? You must install camber shims if you go the the one piece passenger side. If that is the case you can cut the factory bolts

They will not be able to
Align your truck if you did not install correction shims on the passenger side
From the pics it looks like you did but they are black? I am used to seeing them chromed

Red license plate lights? Displaying red blue green will get you pulled over up here in Idaho they are really cracking down

You are like a master of these vehicles or something.

got the camber bolts and adjusters and an oversized Moog ball joint coming. So I can get it properly aligned 😅.

Putting on the sanded down gauges with red LED while waiting for more parts. Road trip we leave next Thursday. On a time clock now.

BB3442F1-6EBC-49D8-92EE-DAE204B6F17F.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

School of hard knocks
Been there done that
I learn the hard way and by “doing”
I live and breathe these trucks for the last 25+ years
So what I try to do here is give back for all the help I have received!

Got the new camber bolt set in passenger side. He wanted theM on the driver side as well..? So I got both sides changed to new moog camber bolt sets.

I have the driver side apart waiting for the oversized lower ball joint should be here tomorrow.

New sanded down clear gauges are glued on and got these nifty red LED installed. While I had the gauge faces off I used the opportunity to make sure the LED were all working inside before putting it back officially. All 6 working well and work with my dimmer switch even. Truck has to be back together tomorrow night, alignment try 2 is Thursday morning.

973718E6-2E5A-4775-996F-B9AD9A77718D.jpeg

61FD5E2A-E484-44BA-80C4-31D1318B2E27.jpeg

FC43A32B-6125-421C-AB21-7F0FB6C6CF7D.jpeg

224EAE4A-A43F-4F54-B259-0982EFB0F9FB.jpeg

BB33C629-4D17-4E44-A575-47FAAB2AC3A0.jpeg

993872F9-A748-415F-90EC-B952EF377A04.jpeg

BF9A5306-EA80-4C94-8DAF-0F9E85438ACC.jpeg

AF6C8B33-542B-4742-BC9E-5A4F199C6805.jpeg

82E2BBD9-D42E-47CB-BC03-DD25399C58DB.jpeg

Cool! I want to see the red cluster in all my years I have never seen anyone do red on these fords

I didn’t know you could sand off the green! Very cool

Cool! I want to see the red cluster in all my years I have never seen anyone do red on these fords

I didn’t know you could sand off the green! Very cool
I’ll have em back in tonight :). I had to delicately peel the face plate off. It is glued down on a few spots around the base of the needles mostly, and a couple spots up at the top of the cluster left and right for the center gauge.

Looks a lot more red then the second picture gives justice .. but either way I am very pleased with that change.

I had some mis fires when I was out driving never had that before… felt like the engine was dumping to much fuel all the sudden, happened mainly when I was at a lower rpm but under load. Sounded like only the right side.. always something with my rig. It had brand new plugs and wires, but maybe I burnt up a wire and I have a cylinder throwing fuel into the headers ? Don’t have much time to analyze it tonight.

4B0F9E1E-5C8B-4673-BFAF-787B193CF4D4.jpeg

E6D9DCC1-9E06-450C-A729-3CD45351A33C.jpeg

Welp first burnt wire from the headers even with Amazon cheap sleeves and I thought decent routing. I am happy that this is the cause of the misfire / backfire issues I hope.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had that issue yet. I'm running DEI aluminized sleeves on my wires and they seem to be holding up.

I have seen wet socks do this to wires, any chance you had washed your engine recently?

I have seen wet socks do this to wires, any chance you had washed your engine recently?
It rains a lot here and I have yet to put my splash gaurds back been doing a lot of front end work. That’s good to know, I will keep an eye out for that too.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had that issue yet. I'm running DEI aluminized sleeves on my wires and they seem to be holding up.
Yea my stupid addiction to red accessories had me get those Amazon sleeves. I’ll grab 2 sets of the aluminzed if I have any more issues.

With the new 7th wire the misfire is gone thank goodness. Powers back no bogging or shudder. I just want a few days of no CEL and being able to see if I can keep the mpg at 18 or above on the highway.

I get that! Hang in there

At least it’s easy fix, not like me who forgot to torque a cam bolt and ended up needing a different engine after my two test drives

I get that! Hang in there

At least it’s easy fix, not like me who forgot to torque a cam bolt and ended up needing a different engine after my two test drives

Won’t ever give up on this rig lol.

On the way to work my O/D off light is flashing now 😅 I swear I will make it on this road trip. I technically have rebuild parts for that, just didn’t want to dive that deep into the trans.. but really I was so close at that point. Oof.

For reference the code it have me was P0741 torque converter clutch circuit performance / stuck off.

I felt no issues while driving, and overdrive still worked. It was driving great really.. hoping just a happen stance ? I do keep loading new tunes and reseting codes a lot.

The tcc solenoid is having issues easy enough to replace/test check you can even ohm the solenoid from outside the transmission

Back