Red interior lights instead of White | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Red interior lights instead of White

intown

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Police Interceptor
I know I can turn on the red interior lights by pushing the button, would love to have the red turn on by default instead of the white.

1. Is it possible to have the red interior night vision lights turned on instead of the white lights when a door is opened?
I think having the interior lights default to red would be way cooler.

2. Does the "Dark Car" setting mean that NO interior lights turn on when a car door is opened?

3. Has anyone replaced the white LED bulbs with red ones? I saw in another forum for civilian cars they were were talking about switching from white to red. (Pretty sure that is what they were talking about)

Thanks!

1. wonder if it can be done with forscan? not too sure what is/isnt availabel on these new ones, and not sure what the department has changed on these PIUs.
3. i dont think its an issue, as long as theyre the same bulb. just remove trim around it, plug in, and enjoy! i converted my 2nd gen to leds inside, much nicer, and only took maybe 30 mins tops!

2. Does the "Dark Car" setting mean that NO interior lights turn on when a car door is opened?

3. Has anyone replaced the white LED bulbs with red ones? I saw in another forum for civilian cars they were were talking about switching from white to red. (Pretty sure that is what they were talking about)

Thanks!

2. Affirmative.

3. I don't see why you couldn't. Also, you can probably upgrade your stock red lights also. In my opinion, the stock red lights are just awful, they're way too dim. The dual-color "ticket light" on my 2017 was much better.

Back