replacing third brake light | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

replacing third brake light

If there's power going in but nothing coming out then you have a bad ballast. I wonder if they can be purchased seperately?

Edit. I found the ballasts for 50 and here's an LED setup for 50.

http://www.realbrightleds.com/

I found the led strip on eBay for less than $10. Best product? Maybe not but it should work enough to pass inspection..

I think I converted my 3rd brake light to LED for $20ish. And now the light should never go out again.

Same here...got the part from superbrightleds.com, about fifteen dollars shipped.
Let me know if you need the part number.

So i finally got the led strip in that i purchased on ebay for $4.50. Bought some gorilla glue for about $3. Got the light removed which was a pain since i don't have a drill. Anyway, i got the strip installed and everything put back together. The light works, and looks great. Thanks for the link on the conversion. I wouldnt have been able to get it done without it. Ill try to get a pic uploaded so yall can see the results.. and if you were adding up my purchases, i did this with less than $10!

Edit: can't figure out how to get a pic on here..lol

Back