Retrofitted Climate Controlled Seats Not Working Via APIM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Retrofitted Climate Controlled Seats Not Working Via APIM

vintage2

Reaction score
City, State
washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 PIU
Hello,

I retrofitted climate (heat/cool) Lincoln MKS seats into my 2013 PIU and the DCSM Self-Test passes and works perfectly in ForScan / IDS. You can hear the vents power up one at a time for each seat along with their relays. All the seat buttons appear in my Sync 2 / MFT display and also light up when pressed as if the system thinks it works.

Is the SONY 8" bezel required for this feature to work? I have the NON-SONY panel which works fine for my auto HVAC controls. It appears the signal is getting lost somewhere between the APIM and DCSM, so I currently suspect the FCIM..

Any Ideas?

OK, I can close this out I guess. I grabbed a SONY bezel at the local junkyard for testing and no change. I swapped out the DCSM itself even though it passed the test.. FIXED. Problem was the module, and the retrofit is a success.

OK, I can close this out I guess. I grabbed a SONY bezel at the local junkyard for testing and no change. I swapped out the DCSM itself even though it passed the test.. FIXED. Problem was the module, and the retrofit is a success.
Did you get the entire seat harnesses all the way from the seat to the BdyCM? I would be interested to see photos of your install.

Back