• Register Today It's free!

RIDE REVIEW: how's yours?

benj75

City, State
Seymour, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport, 2dr
i've read posts on this board where people have commented on their lowered setup and the change in ride and handling.

i thought it would be a good idea (and helpful for others wanting to lower thier ex) to start a thread for people to post their setup(height, bump stops, shocks, sway bar, etc), their initial observations, and how they feel about their lowered ex after living with it for some time.

i recently bought a 98 ex sport, 2dr, 2wd. i was actually shopping for a truck, but couldn't resist this 2dr ex and its bright amber metallic color.

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited. It has a compltely different suspension system the older Explorer's. There currently isn't any suspension modifications available for me. But my Explorer's suspension is AWESOME AS-IS. It rides better then my 2001 Ford Taurus SEL, and it also handles better. It's cornering ability is great! I'm very impressed with Ford with their newly designed suspension :chug:

well mine rides real bad. small speed bumps are a chore and a half, but i can go 90 on and off turny highway ramps, and make really fast corrections and lane changes on the highway. but if you are looking for ride quality don't do what i did (2 1/4" in from 2" rear drop, with no other modifications)

Mine rides great. It's firmer than stock but my fillings are still in place. It's about the same as a Mustang GT in ride stiffness. The thing I've noticed since lowering is that the frame/body flexes a lot over bumps. However, it's totally worth it when I can out-corner some yabo in a rice rocket around a frewway on-ramp and then plant my big slow ass in front him!!:mattmoon:

Back