• Register Today It's free!

Shock/Torsion Key Flip questions

lilone71742

Reaction score
City, State
Fordyce, AR, Living In Palm Bay Fl currently
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
I just recently bought upper control arms, sway bar links, tire rod ends and lower ball joints. I am planning on doing a Torsion Key Flip while i am putting parts on the front end. For you guys that have done the Torsion Key Flip, what shocks did you go with? Im assuming since the ride isn't stock you will need a shorter shock.. I need to know what lenght to get, im planning on going 3-4 in the front. (bumpstops will be removed)

you have to buy the Edelbrock shocks, otherwise you can just cut about 1.5" out of the stem above the bottom eyelet and reweld. My Rancho 5000s have been cut, no problems what-so-ever.

You can also buy the drop keys for about $65. the hex has been re-indexed to allow for 2-3 inches and they are nice pieces. Four inches is too much, you'll have problems with CV joints (assuming it's a 4x4)

The truck is a 2wd, and i don't think i will need to buy the keys. I'll just flip the stockers. I was really needing an acutual measurement so i can order them correctly. I don't really want to do any extra work if don't have to as far as cutting the shock and re-welding. I more than likely am going with doetsch nitro slammers i just need the length so i can order the right shock

Back