Trying to fix thermostat housing... Can anybody confirm part #'s??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying to fix thermostat housing... Can anybody confirm part #'s???

Pachuco76

Reaction score
City, State
Matthews,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer
:):)Hi, everybody. I think I finally found the source for my leak, and it seems to be from the lower thermostat housing..... So I decided to fix it. I've called my local dealers to get a price for the parts needed, and it's amazing the difference from them and Rockauto, so I think I'm going to order from rockauto instead. The only thing is I kinda want to make sure I get the right parts. Mine is an 02 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 VIN # 1FMZU64EX2UA80760..

MOTORCRAFT Part # RH147 {#2L2Z8592AA} Connector-water Outlet Cooling (thermostat Housing)
Upper

MOTORCRAFT Part # RH148 {#2L2Z8592BA} Connector-water Outlet Cooling (thermostat Housing)
Lower

MOTORCRAFT Part # RT1167 {#2L2Z8575AA} Therm 190
SOHC (Thermostat)

MOTORCRAFT Part # DY1004 {#3L8Z12A648BA}
1L2A-12A648-AA (Temperature Sensor)

Not sure about the gaskets, those I probably get from my dealer unless somebody can tell me exactly what the right ones are from rockauto. It's amazing, the difference in price in these 4 parts against the dealer it's close to $80.00.
I was hoping maybe sombody working at a parts department from a Ford dealer could confirm this information.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you very much, I'll look in to it. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I think I paid ~60 at the ford dealer for the lower housing...

I did this recently and ended up with an extra thermostat seal and o-ring. I'd be happy to send them to you; I'm tired of looking at them.

Thermostat seal, aka "Water Outlet Gasket": Motorcraft RG614 (1L2Z-8255AA) (Fel-pro 35673)
Thermostat O-ring, aka "Thermostat Housing Gasket": Fel-pro 35617

When we needed our housing for our '06 mustang I needed it fast. I actually found it on amazon.com and for $4 I had it shipped overnight (I use amazon prime).

So, if you need it fast, thats another place to get it once you verify part #'s.

~Mark

Indeed. Amazon prime is the best.

Seth, thank you for your offer but, coming home from work I actually stopped by the closest dealer and got the seals. Everything else got from rockauto. Thanks again.
To everybody whose read this post. What's up with the coolant color? I also picked up a gallon of antifreeze and when the parts guy asked me for yellow or green I was like, What do you mean????. He went outside checked and gave me a bottle of yellow, but he didn't seem so sure. Can somebody explain me, please? I've owned this truck for close to a month, so I have no idea......

Back