what kind of equipment are all the shutterbugs using in 2012? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what kind of equipment are all the shutterbugs using in 2012?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, just wanted to know what all the shutterbugs on the forum were using for 2012.

currently, my main rig is a panasonic GF-1 micro 4/3. my glovebox cam is my lumix DMC-LC 431 from 2003. this thing is still a point and shoot beast after all these years.

i once entered a photography contest with a large cash prize for the winner. it was judged by a couple foo-foo art judges from the east coast and i won. one of the people in the contest asked me what type of lens i used for my winning photo. i told them, "actually i used this point and shoot right here. its in my pocket." the guy laughed and thought i was joking until i pulled it out and put it in his hand. i think he got pissed that he had all this crazy gear and was travelling to crazy locals, and he got beat by some kid with a point and shoot with time on his hands in san francisco.

i also shoot a lot of concert and show footage for my work, and i use a zoom qx3 with stereo condensor mics. its pretty handy, but im already looking to upgrade because the video is not HD, but the sound is unmatched. im looking to get a gopro or contour for the summer. if anyone has thoughts on these two units, please share, along with any other gear you have that you dig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My latest is a Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor 18-200 lens

Another new "toy" is the EyeFi card . An EyeFi card is an SDC with WiFi built in. I used it at the SEMA show last year where I was able to shoot hi res images with my D7000 and upload them to Facebook on the fly using my Android cell phone as a WiFi hotspot. Got to love the tech!!

I'm still rocking a Nikon D40 with 18-55mm, 55-200mm, and 70-300mm lenses. Soon to have a 50mm prime lens my grandparents are getting me for my birthday.
You can see some of my work in the link to my website in my signature.

If I ever get some spare cash I wanna get a D90.

I'm also shootin alot of 35mm lately. I use a Canon AE-1. My favorite camera ever. Dad had one when I was a kid and I learned most of the photography stuff I know shooting it.

There really is nothing like developing your own negatives and then using them to make prints in a darkroom. There's just something that's so cool about watching an image appear when you stick the paper in the developer.

I run a Nikon D70 I bought used fora good deal with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm that my father-in-law lets me use. I'm still learning, but I'm having a lot of fun at the same time.

I also have a Canon AE-1 that was my mothers when I was born. It's 1 year older (36) than I am and still works great.

cool, i see you guys are big on nikon, i am too. i love the d-40, i think its a great deal and an awesome camera to learn the ways of the DSLR.

is there a sticky thread on where we can post our best shots that arent truck related? that would be awesome. also, anyone have thoughts on the gopro cam or the contour?

Back