• Register Today It's free!

WTB: 02 XLS Gauge Cluster

tecraptor

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
So in my attempts to enhance my cabin's aesthetics, I snagged an 05 Gauge Cluster off of ebay in hopes to get it in with no issue. Of course, it's not a PNP solution. I took apart everything, and of course, it's a newer circuit board, and the needles are even mounted different. I took off the face and placed it on my 02 cluster, and modded the needles to fit. Now somewhere during that process, something has gone wrong, because nothing works on the cluster now. It lights up and the highbeam switch works. Turn signals won't function, and even the message center is out. I can't figure out what went wrong. Any ideas of a solution are welcome. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im not too farmiliar with the 05 dash, somewhere on here there is a thread for swaping with a mounty console... that may help,.

my $.02

Mounty cluster is the way to go.

Thanks for the info and link. This is what I attempted to do with the 05 cluster. When I put my "hybrid" back into it, (with my original circuit board) nothing happened. No lights, no needle movement...nothing. I'm going to check the fuses and see if I blew any. I don't want to waste even more money on another cluster. :(

I have exactly what you need, an 02 XLS cluster. VERY reasonable. PM me.

Problem solved?

Problem solved. Fuse #21 (5A) must of blew when I tried to put the '05 cluster in. I did however get a Mounty cluster because that set up is pretty nice. I will follow up with pics once finished!

Glad you got it figured out. Anxious to see the Mounty cluster installed. That is something I would like to do!

Back