2014 Explorer/FPIU Drivers Door Rattle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer/FPIU Drivers Door Rattle

semiplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Police Interceptor
Hello! For the last couple weeks my drivers' side door has been rattling towards the front. It's driving me crazy and I would really appreciate any ideas. I've looked the door over many times and have tried applying pressure to a variety of spots on the door and external trim pieces but nothing seems to work. Since it sounds like it's coming from so far forward it's possible it could be the mirror or something of the like but I can't figure it out.

If you think it's inside the door the best bet is taking off the trim panel and checking for anything loose inside. It isn't very difficult. All you need is a 7mm and a 10mm and a pick tool/small flat head screwdriver

When they de-police them they remove the ballistic panel & sometimes don't get everything tightened well. Something might have vibrated loose.
Pop the triangle trim piece & check your mirror bolts before removing door panel.

Hello! For the last couple weeks my drivers' side door has been rattling towards the front. It's driving me crazy and I would really appreciate any ideas. I've looked the door over many times and have tried applying pressure to a variety of spots on the door and external trim pieces but nothing seems to work. Since it sounds like it's coming from so far forward it's possible it could be the mirror or something of the like but I can't figure it out.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back