2014 Ford explorer xlt abs advancetrac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford explorer xlt abs advancetrac

Takix

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer xlt
Hi I Have a 2014 ford explorer xlt on start lighting up with Brake, ABS, and traction lights, with check brake system and service advancetrac warning messages. I've hooked up a odb and using forscan have pulled the codes seen in images, ran live data and the wheel speed sensors are all reading fine, I've reset the modules and cleared the codes, and bleed the brakes and am now only getting the code. U3000 49:AB, which makes me think it's a wiring problem. the engine fuses that relate to the ABS all check fine, I have the wiring diagram and am able to access the ABS module to check wiring. Where should I start, or is there a way to pinpoint what is throwing this code out?

Screenshot_20240222_234058_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240222_234104_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240222_234058_Photos.jpg

Has no one really answered you on here? I'm having the same issues. We've replaced every brake part on my 2013 XLT and the dash lights remain. The brakes work fine, it appears to be a communication problem since the U3000:49-AB code indicates that it's an internal electronic failure in the ECU. My battery had a parasitic drain, we had the battery tested and it tested fine but it kept draining, I read that a battery problem can adversely affect the ABS module, probably damaging the electronics. FordTechMakuloco did a video on YouTube on parasitic battery drains on Explorers and said that it's usually the rear windshield wiper motor. We took out the fuse for it and the drain went away. Since the ABS control modules are on backorder FROM EVERY DEALERSHIP I'VE CONTACTED NATION WIDE, I have ordered one from a junkyard on eBay. When it gets installed and programmed I'll update on if that worked to get rid of the dash lights or not.

The first step is to use a scan tool to reset the code, then to drive the vehicle above 12MPH.

If the U3000:49 Control Module: Internal Electronic Failure code returns, then the workshop manual states:

If the DTC returns and the vehicle is not equipped with adaptive cruise control, INSTALL a new ABS module. REFER to Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module .​
If the DTC returns and the vehicle is equipped with adaptive cruise control, INSTALL a new ABS module and HCU . REFER to Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) .​

The first step is to use a scan tool to reset the code, then to drive the vehicle above 12MPH.

If the U3000:49 Control Module: Internal Electronic Failure code returns, then the workshop manual states:

If the DTC returns and the vehicle is not equipped with adaptive cruise control, INSTALL a new ABS module. REFER to Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module .​
If the DTC returns and the vehicle is equipped with adaptive cruise control, INSTALL a new ABS module and HCU . REFER to Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) .​
I'll if that would also help my friend. It throws a couple of codes after a brake job. It's in the shop for the mounting of the new tires from 4wheelonline so we will try that tomorrow.

Back