2020 ST - Low Oil Pressure causing Rattle? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ST - Low Oil Pressure causing Rattle?

So is under the powertrain warranty since its under 60k? I think my issue was a combination of extended warranty / short staff due to covid / long lead times / the dealer's service department imploding. They had to take pictures of everything for the extended warranty and it seemed liek they took a picture one day, the next day the warranty asked them to take something else apart and take that picture. Then it took 2 weeks to get the short block. So fingers crossed for you.
So just got the Explorer back yesterday, We just squeaked in under the factory warranty by about 500 miles. So this did not end up costing anything the dealership replaced all the hoses gaskets belts etc as well as the long block and turbos. Since it was at 59xxx miles and i had heard of transmission issues on these I went ahead and asked them to flush and replace the filter on the transmission. Long story short they ran die through the system and found leaks in the transmission, front diff, and oil cooler. Without hesitation they ordered those parts as well. I'm guessing all of this ease is because it was under factory not an extended warranty. So if you're keeping track our Explorer now has a brand new long block, turbos, transmission, oil cooler, and front diff. All at no cost and done in less than 2 weeks. Needless to say I was very impressed. When we have had stuff replaced with the extended warranty it has been an act of Congress. I don't believe the extended warranty company pays the dealerships as much as Ford does for the same services so they do not want to do them. I asked the same question, yes everything is new but what did Ford do to the new parts to keep this from happening again. Dealership's answer was well they are all brand new so you shouldn't have that problem again. Basically given no answer.. The question is now do I keep my brand new drivetrain 2020 explorer ST or do I get out before any other issues arise. It does have a 12 month warranty on all parts.

Only 12 month warranty?? This is what seems to be the normal warranty. Perhaps it's different since parts were replaced under the factory warranty.

"COVERAGE THAT'S AS STRONG AS OUR PARTS. Ford and Motorcraft® Replacement Parts are covered against any defects in material or workmanship for 24-months/unlimited distance (whichever occurs first)ᵈ. Select parts, such as engines, transmissions, shocks, and struts have even longer time and/or distance coverages."

Peter

Only 12 month warranty?? This is what seems to be the normal warranty. Perhaps it's different since parts were replaced under the factory warranty.

"COVERAGE THAT'S AS STRONG AS OUR PARTS. Ford and Motorcraft® Replacement Parts are covered against any defects in material or workmanship for 24-months/unlimited distance (whichever occurs first)ᵈ. Select parts, such as engines, transmissions, shocks, and struts have even longer time and/or distance coverages."

Peter
Interesting, that's good to know. It's probably my fault I should have asked more questions about it but we showed up 5 minutes before they closed and Honestly we were excited to get it back and happy that it went so well. I'm assuming if everything makes it thru the first few months we should be fine anyway. I'm gonna do more on my end to try and make sure that the oil stays at the top of the full line since these do burn a little and apparently hard acceleration when not completely full can cause oil starvation. I find it strange that I never saw a low oil light. I'm assuming these have one. Different subject but It drives me crazy that these have a digital dash and they could literally put any nformation on there but there is hardly anything available. No oil pressure, oil temp or anything. Even trans temp in tow mode has no actual numbers.

Back