2021 Ford Explorer Ltd Fuel Gauge not registering accurately | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Ford Explorer Ltd Fuel Gauge not registering accurately

TexGary

Reaction score
City, State
JACKSONVILLE. TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer LTD
My 2021 Explorer Ltd with 35,700 mi has developed an issue with the fuel gauge. When filled it will register between 350 miles to empty to 430+ miles to empty. Is this a known issue?

it's not unusual for that to vary. The mileage you are getting will change that when you fill up.

it's not unusual for that to vary. The mileage you are getting will change that when you fill up.
It's all based on what your mileage on the last tankfull was. As soon as you start driving it will adjust to your actual driving habits and mileage for the new tank of gas. The opposite is also true. I've seen it stand still or virtually still at miles to empty for 50 miles or more as it learns you're drivng straight highway at an efficient speed especially in Eco mode.

My 2021 Explorer Ltd with 35,700 mi has developed an issue with the fuel gauge. When filled it will register between 350 miles to empty to 430+ miles to empty. Is this a known issue?
Welcome to the Forum Gary. :wave:
The MTE (Miles to Empty) really has nothing to do with the fuel gauge. As mentioned ny hbalek, that figure is calculated on the previous driving you have done. It adjusts as your driving style changes.

Peter

Back