Audio Off / No Nav / No Phone Sound | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audio Off / No Nav / No Phone Sound

mustanglx99

Reaction score
City, State
ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
Hi there,

I have a 2020 Explorer XLT that is currently experiencing the Audio Off, No Nav (Showing Detroit and not updating), phone calls work but no Audio (it shows its connected and can call and hang-up but no audio)

A bit of history here : The APIM was supposed to be changed a few months ago since the dealer said it would no longer take updates. I was able to update it a few days ago to 3.4, Sync 3 Build 23188 hoping that the update would correct this problem. Same result as above.

I cant seems to find the part number of that ACM that my research leads me to believe is at fault. If you have any advice on this, Im open to everything.

Battery unplugged overnight, Master Reset Twice, held down power and seek reset, pulled fuses, read and clear codes (there were none) with odb2 scanner. All have been done multiple times in the past few days.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update: Swapped APIM today (and a new cupholder with blown out bottom).

Same situation after APIM, funny thing is GPS must have engaged for a quick second because the map was right but never worked again.

Im leading to the Antenna next but this thing is split into multiple connections. Any help would be great...

Is there anything that will allow me to scan the SYNC 3 system modules and possible show me whats going on?

Thanks for the reply. The vendor I bought it from pre programmed it with my VIN. Everything seems to work except for those two damn things.

Ive seen the ACM referenced a bunch of times but i have no idea where that is on the 2020, ive looked all over online and cant seem to find it.

I have seen posted that the ACM is located in the pass rear cargo area behind the side panel.

Thanks, for the life of me i cant find a replacement part online for a 2020 ACM unless its embedded in another part. Does anyone have a part number?

Thanks, for the life of me i cant find a replacement part online for a 2020 ACM unless its embedded in another part. Does anyone have a part number?
Try calling Benny at Levittown Ford. They are a forum vendor and offer members a discount. I was unable to find it on their site but he may be able to help. Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Peter

Back