• Register Today It's free!

estimate front end repair

chuckalusky

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport 4x4
Please give me a guess at what is a fair price to install new tie rod ends (inner and outer ). upper control arm with ball joints and lower ball joints. I bought all the materials to do it but my buddy teaked his back on a quad and is out of commission for a while. 2001 explorer sport 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do it yourself, not too bad. Honestly, it's about 2-3 hours of work, shop price.

It was $500 for me to get all that plus ball joints, shocks and coil springs done on my 97 ranger.. same set up... So less than $500, including alignment afterwards.

Set your buddy up with a comfortable chair and a few beers or coffees as appropriate, he can crack the whip while you do the labour.

That's what I do with my son.

Flash probably has the best response. Your buddy can at least provide instruction as you actually do the work. i would suggest to have, at minimum, a 12 pack for your friend.

Thanks guys, sorry about the delay on returning your answers. I had a freind of a freind shop do it. Had the whole front end , 4 ranchos and 2" TT and 2" add a leaf ,switched the brand new spare to the stock rim,buy & install a brand new goodyear, balance and alignment for $636. So thanks again. $ 500.00 for labor and $ 136.00 for the 255/70/16 tire. He also pad slapped and put in torsionbar inslulators that took 8 days to find. So I'm happy after 2 weeks of B.S.

I just did my 04 EXP 3 weeks ago
I did Tie rod ends, both LCA's and UCA's with strut coli assy's and sway links
took 3 hours, an 18 pack of cold JUICE and $395.00

I just let mine rattle. Its cheaper.

Back