• Register Today It's free!

Inherited an '02 sport trac!

jswammy

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Exp. Sport Trac
Sup yall! Inherited a '02 Sport Trac 4x4 from my grandfather a couple years ago, working through it.
No super crazy ideas, but I do want to lift it a bit and swap out the 4.0 for a V8.

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes! I have lots of ideas

I have built and build several sport tracs including the 03 v8 manual trans 4wd we daily drive

I have some info in my signature

I love sport trax

Welcome to the site. Be sure to post pictures of the truck, adventures with the truck, and pics of the mods.

We're simple folk that like picture books.

Yes! I have lots of ideas

I have built and build several sport tracs including the 03 v8 manual trans 4wd we daily drive

I have some info in my signature

I love sport trax
Great to hear! I'm starting to hear the chains so the clock is ticking. I'm gonna have to either swap them or the whole engine this year.
I know asking tech questions in the welcome thread is a no-no, so where should I post a thread about swapping the stock 4.0 with a v8?

Welcome to the site. Be sure to post pictures of the truck, adventures with the truck, and pics of the mods.

We're simple folk that like picture books.
Good idea! I'll snap some pictures and get them up asap. Pretty boring for now, just a green 02 I pulled the running boards off of, but will be fun to document the progress.

Back