Interchangeable 2nd & 3rd row lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interchangeable 2nd & 3rd row lights?

paulcheney

Reaction score
City, State
Tomball, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
2018 XLT, no sunroof. Can I use a 2nd row reading lamp assembly in the 3rd row so the back row has the dual light feature. The part numbers are the same except for the last letter: BB5Z-1376-AM vs AK.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I searched both numbers on Levittown Ford and Ford Parts sites and received "Part searched may be obsolete or invalid...." on the Ford Parts site. The Levittown Ford site did not produce a part either. Did find it here; BB5Z-13776-AM BB5Z13776AM - Ford Parts Giant
I just wanted to see the part since I no longer have an Explorer. If the parts are the same size it may work if wired correctly.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I searched both numbers on Levittown Ford and Ford Parts sites and received "Part searched may be obsolete or invalid...." on the Ford Parts site. The Levittown Ford site did not produce a part either. Did find it here; BB5Z-13776-AM BB5Z13776AM - Ford Parts Giant
I just wanted to see the part since I no longer have an Explorer. If the parts are the same size it may work if wired correctly.

Peter
That’s where I found it too. It definitely shows the 2nd and 3rd row lights on the exploded diagram as different parts, but everything I see looks the same. I tried to remove my 2nd row assembly to compare the electrical hookup. 3rd row came out easy. For some reason I can’t get the second row assembly out.

Back