• Register Today It's free!

Lights always on.

Diesel7110

Reaction score
City, State
Kalispell, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ford explorer st
Hey. So currently I have the door panel off cause I am wrapping a 2021 explorer st.

Even with the door shut the Lights are always on. Is there something if I don’t have the door panel hooked up then it drains the battery?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
To remove the interior panel I'm guessing that you had to unplug some connectors. Was there one that would indicate whether or not the door was closed? For how long a time period have you monitored the lights staying ON? Under normal circumstances, the Battery Saver Program would turn them OFF after 10 minutes.

Peter

Rather than get elaborate, think I'd just disconnect the battery for the time being, after opening the liftgate if that's electric only besides the emergency release behind the liftgate interior trim panel.

You may have hit and moved the headlight setting switch. Have you checked that it is on the correct setting?

You may have hit and moved the headlight setting switch. Have you checked that it is on the correct setting?
They should still go OFF after 10 minutes. The OP wasn't exactly clear which lights he is referring to. All lights, or interior lights. I took it as the latter since he mentions shutting the door. Will have to wait for a reply from the OP.

Peter

Back