Maintenance advice - fuel injectors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Maintenance advice - fuel injectors

Any advice on the fuel trims? It would seem that the injectors are too large, but everything I've read these should be 19# injectors. Is that incorrect?
The front O2 are switching normally, by the rear O2s don't seem to be switching at all.

I also have a P0306 code now; Cylinder 6 misfire. It's not noticeable when driving or idling. I've checked the wire, but still need to pull the plug and inspect.
The rear 02 don't switch. They monitor the CAT efficiency.
I had a plug boot on the coil not lock into place. I heard the spark jump.
How many miles in the plug?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear 02 don't switch. They monitor the CAT efficiency.
I had a plug boot on the coil not lock into place. I heard the spark jump.
How many miles in the plug?
I thought the rears did switch, just much slower then the fronts, but good to know.
I did check the wire and how it was seated, but that is the most painful wire to run and I did remove them for this job, worth a 2nd check.
The plugs have ~3 - 4K on them.

I thought the rears did switch, just much slower then the fronts, but good to know.
I did check the wire and how it was seated, but that is the most painful wire to run and I did remove them for this job, worth a 2nd check.
The plugs have ~3 - 4K on them.
The rear O2 show a voltage. Above a set point voltage it will throw a CEL.

Why not remove them and clean them yourself Or even rebuild them with a kit On the spot
i have a Ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon And that thing will clean some injectors

Did you clear the PCM after installing the injectors?

Back