New rack and pinion being installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New rack and pinion being installed

BadHabit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Festus, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Exploder Limited
So, as it says, I am having a new rack installed later this week, beginning part of next week when the rack arrives. I am having a mom and pop shop do it as the local dealer is weeks out on service. Anyway, I know it needs to be programmed, the ship can get it in to the dealer for programming, but I was wondering if anyone knew if FOREscan could do it. I copied the module when I got the truck back today, but it seems small. Like only tire size.

Has anyone here tried programming their own rack after a replacement?

Incase you can't see it, 13 Exploder 3.5NA AWD

Does anyone have an invite for the FORscan forum since there is no one here providing an answer and a search here or there did not provide a clear enough answer?

I don't know if you have to have an invite to join the FORScan Forum. It looks like you just have to register.
Did you try asking on the major FORScan thread here? How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Peter
In order to register, you need an invite code. I went through the process and at the bottom there was a spot, I needed to enter a code. When I didn't enter it, it said it was required.

As for the programming, I saw that, but I do not know if it will specifically program the power steering on a 13, or if I need can download my program and upload to the new rack before this happens on Wednesday. If not, it's going to the dealer for the programming.

Back