• Register Today It's free!

Trans Problems 10R80 MHT

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
Finally found the shifting problems after two explorers with same Trans 10R80 MHT 2020 & 2021. I dumped the 2020 because of the harsh shifting only to replace it with the same problem on a 2021. After being told we reset trans tables numerous times and excersized the valves in the valve body they finally did a visual inspection and replaced complete valve body assembely and trans controller. As I drove away from dealer I heard a noise from left rear as I made left turn which i never heard before. Drove around block several times and never heard it again. Shifting seemed to be fixed.....time will tell.

I'm attempting to join the Class action suit for the bolt fracure BCM program. I had a 45 minute call with the attorney yesterday after submitting my videos and files last week and additional files after the call yesterday.

Let's Go Ford

Mine [20 Limited 2WD, 29k miles] just recently started having some harsh shifts, usually under harder braking or at low [parking lot/traffic] speeds.
Need to get my full list of issues together & make an appt.

Finally found the shifting problems after two explorers with same Trans 10R80 MHT 2020 & 2021. I dumped the 2020 because of the harsh shifting only to replace it with the same problem on a 2021. After being told we reset trans tables numerous times and excersized the valves in the valve body they finally did a visual inspection and replaced complete valve body assembely and trans controller. As I drove away from dealer I heard a noise from left rear as I made left turn which i never heard before. Drove around block several times and never heard it again. Shifting seemed to be fixed.....time will tell.

I'm attempting to join the Class action suit for the bolt fracure BCM program. I had a 45 minute call with the attorney yesterday after submitting my videos and files last week and additional files after the call yesterday.

Let's Go Ford
I have a similar issue, and am looking for the fill volume and procedure, as they changed my valve body, and left me low, 3.7 liters, on a 19 liter fill requirement. Do you have access to the ford fill procedure and volumes after a throttle body change? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Back