2007 Ford Explorer lost A/C and have 6 codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ford Explorer lost A/C and have 6 codes

nvcowboy

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Creek, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
My wife, newborn son, and me were driving in town today and the car lost A/C. The engine light came on shortly after and when I got home I pulled the codes and got more than I bargained for. The codes are as follows, P0443-Evaporative Emission System purge control valve circuit, P0141-o2 heater circuit(bank 1, sensor 2), P0155-o2 heater circuit(bank 2, sensor 1), P0161-o2 heater circuit(bank 2, sensor 2), P0135-o2 heater circuit(bank1, sensor 1), and P0403 EGR control circuit. This is the first issue we have had with the car and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like either a PCM issue or you have had a ground wire break or come loose.

Do you happen to know where the ground wire for that circuit is frame grounded at? Ive checked the battery terminals and main frame ground. And do you know if all these circuits are connected somewhere?

After taking a second look at the codes, I am inclined to believe it is the PCM, and here is why: From October 2011 to the end of June 2013, I worked at a salvage yard for a pair of men who also owned four cab companies. Two weeks before I left, a 2007 Crown Vic had those same 6 codes in it and it turned out to be the PCM. Seems like a stretch to link a crown vic with an explorer, but with both being the same model year, you have to figure the same type of programming and/or circuit boards are used. With the same exact codes present also, it looks like it could very well be the PCM.

I will definitely check that out. It makes complete sense that the parts could be close enough to have the same malfunction. Now do you have any ideas on why the a/c system quit working at the same time. I don't know why they would be linked but the a/c system is in good condition and we have had no problems with that up until today. Thank you for all your help.

I have the same issues and with my half a year research it seems the pcm is shot I have all those codes and my ac died as well. I was dreading it not be the pcm but from what I found it all leads to that issue.

Back