2015 Explorer - Wheel Speed Sensor Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer - Wheel Speed Sensor Issue

normanburt1970

Reaction score
City, State
Conroe, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Hello everyone. I am having an issue with the rear speed sensors on my explorer. Real time data graphing shows the two rears reading twice the vehicle speed while the fronts are normal.

I recently replaced the abs module and all four speed sensors but I’m still getting the ABS, Trac control coming on.

Any ideas what to do next.

Oh, I’ve also replaced the pig tails for the rear as well.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Another member recently reported an issue with one of his rear wheel speed sensors giving false readings. Haven't found the posts yet but if I recall, replacing it didn't solve the issue.

Peter

Did you check the real time data and see 2X the correct wheel speed BEFORE you replaced the abs module? To get double the speed reported, seems like either it is the wrong ABS module or somehow the wires from the two rear sensors are shorting together. I'd try unplugging only one of the rear sensors and see if you then get the correct speed for the other one, and if you do, then plug that sensor back in and disconnect the other and see if it's the same situation.

I'd also use a scan tool capable of Ford specific DTC codes and see what is listed, something should be if you have the dash light on. A list of those codes & their possible faults, as well as more troubleshooting steps, and wiring diagrams, are linked in my sig below as 2014... a year off, but it should be mostly if not entirely the same.

Back