2016-2019 XLT+ seats in police interceptor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016-2019 XLT+ seats in police interceptor

mrdot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 & 16 EXP Int. 3.5T
Here is a quick FYI when swapping 16+ seats. I had to swap the seat mount cross bar both times i've done this. It is off by a quarter inch otherwise. The RCM will throw an airbag code unless the original OCSM and sensor pad (under pass. seat) is swapped code: B00A0. Always check and reset the crash flags prior to messing with anything after swapping the seats and wiring.

Police driver seat wiring in floor harness police 13-19:

1 ctrl mod. Airbag side seat drivers +
2 ctrl mod. Airbag side seat drivers –
3 NOT USED
4 NOT USED
11 driver buckle switch GN-BL CR201
12 ground BL-GY RR137
13 driver track position sensor YE-VT VR215

Police to 16+ XLT+ (move police floor/body pins to seat pin positions)

Switch pin 11 to 10 – drivers buckle
Switch pin 13 to 3 – driver track position sensor
Switch pin 12 to 17 – ground

Pass 16+ seat, swap the entire in seat harness from the police pass seat, the OCSM module and weight sensor pad. then remove the power and ground pins from the in-seat harness in the XLT+ seat and inject them into the inseat harness of the wiring pulled from the original police seat. 15,16 are ground, 21 is power.

Hello. Does this process work going from the 6-way PIU seat to powered seats?, or would I need to have additional power wires?

Hello. Does this process work going from the 6-way PIU seat to powered seats?, or would I need to have additional power wires?
Just wanted to say Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back