2017 PIU Climate Control Buttons Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 PIU Climate Control Buttons Not Working

richey

Reaction score
City, State
Eagle River, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 PIU
2017 PIU
I am pretty sure the issue is a faulty board and I'll just need to find a new climate control unit, but wanted to check if anyone has had this issue. My climate control and radio works except for the blend door control panel. The face and feet buttons do not work when pressed. I usually have it on defrost which does work, but the only way to get it to go to face is if I hit the max A/C button which auto turns off defrost and lights up the face button then it blows correctly, so I have to use that work around to get face to work. There is no way to get feet to work. I checked all the fuses, but I am sure if it was a fuse all the climate buttons wouldn't work instead of just some. If anyone has experienced this I would appreciate the info. Otherwise if anyone has one of these lying around and wants to sell it, let me know. Thanks!

hvac image.png

Dunno how to help, maybe someone will chime in. I’ve got an FCIM in the garage if you want it. Merry Christmas.

Dunno how to help, maybe someone will chime in. I’ve got an FCIM in the garage if you want it. Merry Christmas.
I've sent you a PM. Thanks!

Sounds like this:

Or, perhaps more precisely addressing your car's model year:

Back