COOL! The ULTIMATE offroad camping trailer! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

COOL! The ULTIMATE offroad camping trailer!

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
3.gif

I just saw a few of these yesterday ...... I want one! :D

www.conquerorcampers.com

The website isn't too great so it's hard to tell how cool they are... they fold all out into a very complete mess kitchen; and 2-story tents fold out on top and beside them when you set up camp. Here's what comes with the compact version; the regular has even more stuff. The regular trailer tent is a 4-6 person on the top story and 2-4 person ground level with two entrances. Lots of thought went into them in the little things - the hitch is high to match lifted vehicles, water tanks are low for center of gravity on the trail, etc.
-------------------------
The Conqueror Compact Camper was designed for the South African Army for durable off road use. If you need a camper that will follow your 4 x 4 anywhere then this is the camper for you. Here are the features of the Conqueror Compact Camper:

Trailer
Over 80 Cubic Feet of Storage with lockable doors
Epoxy Powder Coated body that resist chipping and rust
3- 15" wheels with oversized all terrain tires
2- 5 Gallon gasoline cans with mounts
Standard with shovel, axe, and grass slasher
Hi-Lift Jack mounting points
Aluminum side step
Wheel arch rubber shields
2 Rear anti-tilt legs
Electric side running lights
2 inch coupler
Large rubber nose wheel

Tent
2 to 4 person tent manufactured from military grade, rip-proof fabric with heavy duty zippers and mosquito screening
Personal item storage
Queen sized bed
Nylon sun canopy with 8 poles and tie downs
Aluminum ladder with rubber mat

Water
Dual water tanks for a 29 gallon capacity. Mounted under the trailer for a low center of gravity to aid handling. Standard with an electric pump, hose, shower head, and wash wand

Electrical
110-12 volt power converter with integrated overload and ground fault protection
Heavy duty battery
2 fluorescent lights
Hella plugs for accessories
Standard 12 volt Power Outlet/Cigar lighter

Kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen with service for 6
Cutlery and crockery
5 piece stainless steel pot set
2 burner propane stove
Stainless steel work surfaces on both sides
4 dry storage boxes
Slide out frame for refrigerator or cooler
2 propane bottle mounts

Miscellaneous
First aid kit
Mini Bar
Extra cargo tie downs

---------------------------------

Made in South Africa.... I wonder how much they cost? :eek: Just out of curiosity I may call the Atlanta importer and find out - as if I could afford one, lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WHOO HOO, it has a mini bar, upper level sleeping quarters could be dangerous:) keep us posted as to price, would bet that puppy is 6 grand at least, but I like it.

Very cool!!!!

Let us know what kind of prices you get quoted.

$10k :eek:

However, the trade between South Africa and the US got screwed up - don't know if it was political, economical, or both - and what is here is all that will be here. There's about four dozen of these in the US right now still to sell and I have a feeling prices may drop as 2005 goes on until they sell. I may get to take one for a test drive to Moab this year just for advertising/promotional purposes :thumbsup: :D

Stay tuned later this year :bounce:

glfredrick said:
Looks like a great do-it-yourself project... :D

So you gonna build us a few???? :D

Back