Only 6 days old and I am tearing into it! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Only 6 days old and I am tearing into it!

Dennis J.A.A.

Reaction score
City, State
Orfordville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Interceptor
The 2017 PIU was delivered on 1/6/22. I had to start by taking the center console plate off from between the buckets. I watched the videos on YouTube. I purchased the console itself from NennoPro which was very helpful. Then I had to get the PIU into Ford to check out the recalls, oil change and have them set the computer settings for what I wanted. All this time since they started the recalls and they STILL don't have the parts. Hmmmmm!
Anyway, I got the PIU back on Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning I installed the WeatherTech floor mats and the rear cargo mat.
I removed the panel with the cigar lighters attached and purchased the 110V/150W receptacle. I plan on running #8 gage wire from the battery through the channel in the back to the troth just behind the back seat. Then put a 1000W dc/ac inverter in that area with a battery cutoff switch before the inverter. Then #12 wire from the inverter to two outlets. The one in the front and one in the back. You will need to park the vehicle get to the troth and switch the power on so there is no accidental power left on. I am also going to have a switch for the power to the spotlights so nobody can play with them. It will be run off a relay and one of the switches on the steering wheel. The reason I put the pics up is so that you can also get the dimensions and how I cut it out! Slight boo boo on the top right side when I slipped with the grinding head to de bur! I will be installing heated seats in the summer and will put the switches for those in the rectangle panel above the 12vdc receptacle and 110vac receptacle. Between the two I will install a USB charger.

110-A.JPG 110-B.JPG 110-C.JPG 110-E.JPG 110-F.JPG 110-G.JPG 110-H.JPG

Back