Over heating/ steam smoke from hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Over heating/ steam smoke from hood

willmedrano820

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Sprind MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xlt
My 2006 ford explorer was over heating and the RPM would shoot up to 3000 before shifting as I pressed the gas pedal (made a sound like it was blowing), I opened the hood and notice white steam coming out the thermostat housing, I ordered a new thermostat housing, attached everything as it was, took it out for a drive around the block and it was doing the same, I opened the hood and noticed fluid spiting out where the coolant sensor is located, I took it out and the c clip bent now I cant put the new one in without getting another c clip. Anyone know where I can find it or any suggestions with my problem?

Does the 06 have a clutch fan or electric fan. If electric, is it turning on? Maybe the electric fan has failed.

Happened to my crv, overeheated, shot coolant all over and was the electric cooling fan.

IF a clutch fan, maybe clutch is bad and fan is not spinning up.

Tried bending the clip back to shape?

Good Luck!

Does the 06 have a clutch fan or electric fan. If electric, is it turning on? Maybe the electric fan has failed.

Happened to my crv, overeheated, shot coolant all over and was the electric cooling fan.

IF a clutch fan, maybe clutch is bad and fan is not spinning up.

Tried bending the clip back to shape?

Good Luck!

its an electronic fan clutch, he would get a cell if its not working.

Back