Windshield wiper fluid won’t spray | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield wiper fluid won’t spray

ClutchYara

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
06’ Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
I have an 06’ Ford Explorer and the windshield wiper fluid won’t spray. I have fluid in the reservoir, but when I push the column nothing comes out and it makes no noise. What’s going on here?

Most likely you have a bad pump. It is possible there is a broken wire or some other electrical problem. Now if you have a volt meter you can check if you are getting power at the washer pump motor and that will rule out most electrical problems.

The location of the motor is right in front of the passenger side wheel in the fluid tank you should not have to remove anything to unplug the wire for testing or replacement of the motor. If you do end up needing a new pump then disconnect the wires and hoses. Have a clean bucket ready to catch the fluid and let it drain its going to take a while. You can also just pull real hard on the pump to to remove it and make the process faster. Install is reverse of the way you removed it. Make sure the pump is all clipped all the way in.

When i replaced my tank i removed the pump with the tank out of the car and i needed to pry on the pump. When i installed it in the new tank it took more pressure than i thought and had a nice hard click when it was correctly seated.

I replaced the pump and it all works good now! Thank you, easy fix!

glad you got it working again.

Back