1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any updates on your build?

Do you have any detailed pictures of the motor mounts?

Any updates on the build?

Havent seen anything this decade :p

What are you switching up?

I have had my LS in and out a few times and switching up the oil pan (from the Camaro to the truck oil pan) to clear the factory cross-member

What are you switching up?

I have had my LS in and out a few times and switching up the oil pan (from the Camaro to the truck oil pan) to clear the factory cross-member
I Im going to be doing giant link killer leafs in the back , also ended up getting new motor mounts, and some over the frame rail headers but I need to figure out what I’m doing with the brake booster as far as relocation or manual brakes , or if anyone has experience in the brake part I’m open to ideas lol

Does no one make forward facing headers for the LS?

And thats all cause youre pushing the motor back so far?

Yes they do. Most are for turbo setups.

But you can flip the LS manifolds... intake and exhaust.

With stock camaro exhaust manifolds the flange sits in the steering box "notch" in the frame and directly over the passenger frame rail.

I was supposed to pickup a set of stock truck manifold from a buddy when I picked up my oil pan but forgot to mention it

You might look into a hydroboost setup.

Chevy trucks had it on the LS engines from the factory and I cant recall if the booster is smaller or not

If youre going to be swapping out the patriot headers, are you looking to sell them?

I am still in the market for a set for my build.

Hydro booster is usually smaller than vacuum booster

I know there is more to the system with hydro boost, hoses, lines, accumulators and the hydro boost assembly.

These are the headers I’m going to try and run they came off a ranger with same swap

C65C258D-FA6A-43CE-9131-E11DC89CB6F0.jpeg

I know there is more to the system with hydro boost, hoses, lines, accumulators and the hydro boost assembly.

The accumulator is part of the booster. There are a couple of extra lines but it’s not that bad

The accumulator is part of the booster. There are a couple of extra lines but it’s not that bad

No, not too bad. But the accumulator is on the inboard side of the booster so depending on where he has the engine (and now exhaust) that setup may not work

No, not too bad. But the accumulator is on the inboard side of the booster so depending on where he has the engine (and now exhaust) that setup may not work

You can flip the accumulator over to the other side. The accumulator will work in any position.

You can flip the accumulator over to the other side. The accumulator will work in any position.

Ah nice. I didnt know that you could do that, we just throw them on in the factory position.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those headers are going to look awesome on there.

Back