2021 Explorer Beeps When NOT in use | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 Explorer Beeps When NOT in use

Prather21

Reaction score
City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer
Explorer beeps when not in use. We heard a beep in the garage and narrowed it down to the Explorer. Seems to be toward the rear. Turned on ignition, cranked it, drove it, but still doing it. Our research suggested dirty sensors so cleaned them but did not work. Only thing changed recently was had it in for service and they corrected the recall for the back up camera and a few interior issues. Would appreciate some help on this.
Thanks

Explorer beeps when not in use. We heard a beep in the garage and narrowed it down to the Explorer. Seems to be toward the rear. Turned on ignition, cranked it, drove it, but still doing it. Our research suggested dirty sensors so cleaned them but did not work. Only thing changed recently was had it in for service and they corrected the recall for the back up camera and a few interior issues. Would appreciate some help on this.
Thanks
Check the smoke detector in the garage...lol

Thanks
Open and close rear door? It will beep when closing if it's blocked.....

Check the smoke detector in the garage...lol
We’ll I have to call myself out on this one for sure - it was not the smoke detector as that would have truly been embarrassing BUT it is not the Explorer either. Our garage door opener has a battery backup in case of power failure and the battery is low. I don’t know how many times I have manually opened that door in a power outage completely forgetting it had that feature. Now I know……….

Back