Solved - Adding Fordpass Modem | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Adding Fordpass Modem

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
Could you send these to me as well? I have a 2017 and want to install this as well. Do you also have a list of parts I would need?
Could you send these to me as well? I have a 2017 and want to install this as well. Do you also have a list of parts I would need?

Attachments

• Ford_Explorer_FordPass_TCU_Install.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • Open APIM & TCU Files and Programming 20220108.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Thanks Soooo much. Looks like its not too difficult.

Could you share how you did it? I have a 2017 and want to install this as well. Do you also have a list of parts I would need?
Thanks Soooo much. Looks like its not too difficult.
I used a harness that a member on the f-150 forum makes for the retrofit. Scan QR code for his contact info.
1712873339319.png

It’s cleaner and no need to splice wires. If you follow the steps in the attachments I posted, you have all the info you need to do the retrofit.

Hi everyone, im in the same boat, i want to upgrade my 13 explorer limited.

Would some kind soul be able to share the guide for the install and what parts that are needed ? :)
You will not get any of the features except GPS location and in car wifi if you choose to pay for it and have a TCU that supports it with dual antennas. Remote start/lock/unlock/etc do not work on CGEA 1.2 cars (2011-2015 explorers) by design. The TCU itself will work, as you could get one in a CMAX, but the CMAX was the same way, it was only for finding charging points and didn't allow the other Fordpass features.

Back